Anticipated Elementary Classroom Teacher - Grade K-3
Posted 3 months ago
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing district approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the school system.
- Demonstrate the ability in classroom management.
- Demonstrate successful recent experience working with students.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively.
- Successful experience working with youth.
- Successful experience working with diverse populations.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of teaching techniques which are used to maximize student learning.
- Ability to work cooperatively with students and their parents who are culturally, racially, and linguistically diverse.
- Comfortable working in a collaborative environment in a program focused on improving student learning.
- Ability to work in a semi-open or self-contained classroom.
- Ability to work with an educational team including directing the work of paraeducators.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to school district buildings and professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
- WA State Certification as an Elementary Teacher
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels a plus.
FLSA Status: Exempt