Anticipated Opening - ELA/History Teacher, DYS Metro Region
The Collaborative for Educational Services (CES) has an anticipated opening for an ELA/History Teacher to provide direct educational instruction to youth assigned to the Department of Youth Services (DYS) in the Metro region for the 2021-2022 school year. Our ideal candidate will value professionalism, social justice education, and culturally responsive teaching. Classes are small and personalized with a focus on academic and behavioral success. We are a supportive team who offer teachers growth through coaching and continued professional development.
We value: Quality and excellence, innovation, creativity and vision, inclusiveness, equity and diversity and collaboration with others. Creating a community of care is foundational to the work we do… together!
Social Justice and Equity work is central to our mission, especially in these times. We understand that all forms of oppression are damaging. We engage in this work pro-actively and purposefully, with the intent of positive outcomes, and because we need to.
We hope that you will join us in this work!
This is you:
- You have a passion for teaching all students, especially those who have been marginalized.
- You value professionalism and culturally responsive educational opportunities.
- You strive to understand emerging trends in education, seek to thoughtfully employ best practices, support diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI).
- You recognize that addressing societal oppression and inequities requires ongoing education and a commitment to allyship.
Highlights of What You Will Do:
- Help equip an especially vulnerable population of young people with the tools they need to see their world, and themselves, in a new light; allowing them to realize their own potential and new possibilities.
- Teach small classes which are personalized to student needs with a focus on academic as well as behavioral success.
- Work alongside other educators dedicated to improving life outcomes for highly vulnerable youth.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.