Educational Technician II- Dayton Consolidated School
Dayton School is seeking an Educational Technician II
For more information about Dayton School, please visit www.daytonschool.org
1. Eligible for appropriate Maine Department of Education certification (022).
2. Experience working with students with Developmental Delays.
3. Experience with American Sign Language is a plus.
4. Course work in education or a related field preferred.
1. Review and reinforce learning previously introduced by the classroom or special education teacher and assist in drill and practice activities.
3. Assist in preparation of instructional materials or provide classroom management functions during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, etc.
4. Alert teachers to any problem or special information about an individual student.
5. Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information.
6. Participates in staff meetings as needed.
7. Introduce new learning in collaboration with the classroom or special education teacher.
8. Conduct one-on-one or small groups with indirect professoinal supervision.
9. Perform short-term instruction and classroom management activities under the direct supervision of the teacher or appropriate content specialist in the classroom.
10. Other job-related duties as assigned by the Cooperating Teacher or Building Leader.
The above job description reflects the general requirements necessary to describe the principal functions or responsibilities of the job identified and shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job, either at present or in the future.
The School Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The district shall actively work to have the teacher and administrator workforce reflect the student body's diversity.
The selection of all employees by the School Department will be based on those with the highest capabilities, the strongest commitment to quality education, and the greatest probability of effectively implementing the learning program. Selections will be made without consideration on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, marital status, disability or genetic information, and any other state or federal prohibitions. For the purpose of this policy, "sexual orientation" means a person's actual or perceived heterosexuality, bisexuality, homosexuality, or gender identity or expression.
Criminal Background Check
All employees of Maine schools must be fingerprinted for a criminal history background check. Please create a login and create an account and make an appointment for a fingerprinting appointment at https://www.maine.gov/doe/cert/fingerprinting
Please see other Job Openings at :
Southern Maine Administrative Cooperative