Would you like to share your expertise in Fitness? Plainfield Park District has immediate openings for part-time Fitness Instructors who will lead, instruct and guide a variety of classes designed for all fitness levels.
Pay range is $20.00 - $24.00 per hour, dependingon qualifications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participates in the creation of fitness programs under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor - Fitness.
• Responsible for providing safe, effective instruction at an appropriate intensity level for the participants of any given class based on the class description and participant ability.
• Prepare fitness plans and select exercises and activities to meet the class objectives. Chooses appropriate music, materials and equipment to coordinate with class activities.
• Responsible for teaching fitness programs; ensuring that proper skills and technique are demonstrated and instructed to all participants.
• Maintains an open channel of communication to the Recreation Supervisor - Fitness and informs Supervisor of problems or potential problems (i.e. disruptive behavior, injuries, dangerous equipment) including undesirable behaviors; assists with documentation when necessary.
• Responsible for class and equipment set up, take down, and cleanliness of equipment and space used during class.
• Responsible for checking in participants and accurate tracking of attendance for each fitness class.
• Utilizes good time management skill to ensure schedule is maintained and class times are adhered to. Serve in a professional manner with the highest regard for customer service delivery.
• Attend staff meetings and training sessions.
• Maintain all certifications.
• Maintains knowledge of park district policies, procedures, and guidelines and acts in accordance.
• Performs all job tasks within the rules and guidelines of the Park District’s safety program.
• Performs any additional related tasks as required.
• Fitness program instructor experience, preferred.
• High School diploma required.
• Certification in group fitness instruction from a national institute. (i.e. AFAA, ACE) and/or degree in the areas of kinesiology, fitness, or related field required.
• Valid Certifications in: ACE, AFAA, NASM or equivalent nationally recognized group fitness.
• C.P.R. and A.E.D. certified required; ability to certify within 6 months of hire.
• Strong knowledge of fitness principles, exercise programs and equipment.
• Ability to demonstrate skills and techniques used in fitness and exercise conditioning.
JOB DESCRIPTION - PLAINFIELD TOWNSHIP PARK DISTRICT
• Ability to communicate with and instruct adults.
• Must be able to function independently possessing a high degree of self-motivation and self-direction.
• Ability to make correct and safe judgments, exhibit good problem solving skills adhering to Park District policy and procedure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires sitting (1-3 hrs), standing/walking (5-8hrs). This position experiences consistent, extensive movements such as bending, twisting, squatting, kneeling and reaching. Requires manual dexterity to perform exercise movements/instruction, setup and take down equipment/supplies and to perform lifesaving actions when necessary. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Defined as Light Medium Work - May require lifting up to 40 pounds and carrying objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most activities are performed outdoors in an indoor dance room setting. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to varying indoor temperatures from moderate to very warm. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person in this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job, and "other" duties and responsibilities include those that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties or tasks as requested by management. All requirements are subject to possible modification in order to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilitie
Plainfield Park District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.