Medical Assistant Specialist in our Outplacement Programs
LEARN has full time openings for energetic Medical Assistant Specialists in our Special Education classrooms located in our Outplacment Programs in Southeastern Connecticut. This position works with a dedicated classroom team to provide appropriate school-based services and assist with the physical needs of students. Training in Safety Care techniques is provided.
- Assist students with disabilities in participating in activities of daily living such as dressing, eating, hygiene, managing bathroom needs and other health responsibilities.
- Review, understand and implement assigned duties pertaining to the individualized healthcare plans
- Lift up to 50 lbs when necessary. Including for purposes of transferring students to change position and personal care needs.
- Utilize Program Change procedures including communication with teacher and BCBA regarding special information about individual students (as needed).
- Supervise and assist students in all settings specified on their educational plan.
Qualifications: High School diploma required. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or Medical Assistant (MA) certificate or equivalent training preferred. First aide/CPR training required. Experience working with children with autism or emotional/behavioral challenges and their families preferred. Qualified Applicants should apply online at http://www.learn.k12.ct.us/?DivisionID=9118 (under Student Support Services) EOE.