Job | Posted 2 months ago
Regardless of what decisions are reached in order to open our campuses and operations, we must ask that all applicants, new employees, and current staff be prepared for
possible variations in campus assignments, hours of operations, and modifications to job duties among other considerations.
Any of these possible changes may not be known until we move into the school year and certainly will depend upon any developments in managing COVID -19 restrictions and recommendations.
To perform maintenance and repair of school properties and campus areas to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness and presentation of grounds to students, parents, school staff and the general public.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Required to use string trimmers.
- Operate deck mowers during mowing season.
- Cut and trim shrubs and trees as required.
- Police assigned areas for trash each day.
- Rake leaves, grass clippings and trash as required.
- Assist Building Maintenance staff to pull cable, set-up equipment, move heavy ladders/lifts, etc.
- Prepare athletic facilities for sporting events (i.e., line fields, trim and outline activity areas, clean up trash, check equipment, etc.).
- Assist auxiliary staff in moving equipment throughout the district, as required.
- Repair streets and parking lots.
- Commute to and from multiple facilities within the District as assigned, using District owned Vehicle.
- Demonstrates regular and prompt attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
- General experience in groundskeeping
- Valid Texas Class “C” Operator’s Driver’s License. Driving record must meet district standard for driving district vehicles.
- Knowledge of equipment for grounds care is desired.
- Ability to read, understand and follow written and verbal instructions; operate the required equipment to complete the assigned tasks and have good vision, sense of smell, and speak clearly/be understood.
- Ability to understand, remember and apply oral and/or written instructions of other information.
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder.
- Constantly positions self to be able to reach items on ground or above head.
- Frequently moves items weighing up to 90 pounds.
- May be exposed to high or low outside temperatures.
- Frequently exposed to intermittent loud noises.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but will occasionally work in a loud area.
- Work in hot, dry, and dusty conditions as well as possibly cold, wet, and damp areas.
- Will work near or with moving mechanical equipment.
- Occasionally work with grounds or maintenance chemicals.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER