School Social Worker 2021-2022 School Year
Job Title:School Social Worker
Reports To: Building Principal and Director of Special Education
Salary Range:$45,359 - $57,445
Summary: The ideal candidate must provide problem solving service to children and their families. Serves as a member of diagnostic teams and members of educational planning and placement committees and provides sociological assessment information. The social worker must feel comfortable and eager to work collaboratively and side by side with staff in the blended classrooms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned. Responsibilities include but are not exclusive to the following tasks.
- Providing IEP minutes to students with disabilities.
- Provide support in the Preschool for All Classrooms to all students during center activities using the Creative Curriculum program. (Knowledge of Creative Curriculum is not mandatory)
- Creating and updating IEP’s for students with disabilities.
- Attend weekly IEP meetings.
- Attend a weekly PLC meeting.
- Collaborate with administrators, general and special education teachers regarding students in need of extra supports.
- Evaluate early intervention students using play based assessments along with staff in other disciplines. (Knowledge of providing play based assessments is not mandatory, as training can be provided.
- Evaluate preschool students using observational and performance based data.
- Re-evaluate all preschool students with a current disability.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Education and/or Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience: Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others, demonstrate self-discipline and initiative. Follow state and district guidelines.
- License: Professional Educator Licensure with the appropriate endorsement and/ or applicable fields
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions set forth in the Bellwood Education Association Collective Bargaining Agreement and Board of Education.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all- inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The school district may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.
Please apply at: www.sd88.org
No calls or Emails accepted