TITLE: OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST
DEPARTMENT: Educational Dev. Center (SSC)
WORK HOURS: 7.5
CONTRACT LENGTH: 203 Days
GMCS employees: Current Transfer Request Form needs to be signed by supervisor and uploaded to your application.
General Job Description: To provide occupational therapy services to students in the educational setting, who are receiving individualized educational services through Special Education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete routine reports and tasks promptly and efficiently
- Participates in student planning and program development
- Implements individual student programs
- Demonstrates a willingness to examine and implement change as appropriate
- Works productively with colleagues, parents, and students
- Demonstrates accurate knowledge of field
- Demonstrates appropriate assessment techniques and procedures
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor as defined by the code of ethics of the education professional
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in student evaluation and recommendations of need for services
- Follow district policies in the processes of screening, referral and placement
- Complete a written report inclusive of evaluation results and possible educational recommendations for each student evaluated
- Assist in development of student goals and objectives to enhance motor skills
- Maintain accurate reports and logs to assure correct and updated student information
- Attend required Annual Review and other MDT meetings for all student on case load
- Provide professional development and ongoing follow-up consultation to teachers, parents and students as necessary to assist student to progress toward IEP goals and objectives
- Respect confidentiality of student(s), teacher(s) and school information
- Participate in Professional development activities as identified or recommended by self or supervisor
- Communicate with the medical community regarding the physical needs of exceptional students
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies, materials and equipment as needed
- Maintain necessary and appropriate licensure
- Complete Medicaid in the Schools paperwork completely by due date
- Develop therapy plans for delivery of services
- Accept other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor
- Complete Safe Schools training as directed by the District
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy
Physical Requirements: Ability to perform the job and access the environment for which you are hired. The following may be required: Sitting, standing, lifting, moving about the room or school, carrying (up to 50 pounds), reaching, squatting, kneeling, prolonged typing, physical ability to type on a keyboard terminal, and moving light furniture.
Equipment/Technology Handled: Must know how to properly operate or be willing to learn to operate all multimedia equipment including current technology.
Work Environment: Must be able to work within various degrees of noise, temperature, and air quality. Interruptions of work are routine. Flexibility and patience are required. Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment without direct supervision. After hour work may be required.
Terms of Employment: Salary and work calendar established yearly by the district.
All GMCS schools are eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF).
All applicants must upload copies of official transcripts or evaluations of foreign transcripts from any and all accredited colleges/universities attended by you for review in order to be considered for this position.
Three letters of reference written within the last twelve months (one must be from current supervisor. (If this is not appropriate due to one’s employment status, please contact GMCS Personnel Office 505-721-1000).