OZARK R-VI SCHOOLS
TITLE: TRANSPORTATION-BUS DRIVER
1. Must hold CDL or the ability to obtain a CDL with Passenger, School Bus and Air Brake Endorsements.
2. Excellent driving skills and possess a Missouri School Bus Driver Certificate.
3. Knowledge of transportation safety regulations and procedures.
4. Ability to deal with students in a courteous, but firm manner.
5. Ability to deal with adults in a responsible, courteous manner.
6. Able to make quick and responsible decisions.
7. Prior public transportation driving experience or commercial driving experience preferred.
8. Successful completion of annual health appraisal.
9. Ability to pass mandatory random drug tests.
REPORTS TO: Director of Transportation
JOB GOAL: To provide safe and efficient transportation to and from school for students according to established routes and within established guidelines; to provide safe efficient transportation to students on extra-curricular or other non-route trips.
1. Performs complete pre trip inspection daily; report any noted mechanical problem on inspection form.
2. Drives specific route transporting students to and from school; must be punctual.
3. Addresses behavior problems when necessary in order to maintain control/safety; maintains open communication with parents; reports major disciplinary problems to appropriate building principal in writing on School Bus Incident form.
4. Inspects bus for damage at end of each run; sweeps bus and leaves vehicle in clean condition.
5. Completes paperwork such as student count, recording mileage, accident reports and vehicle maintenance requests.
6. Obeys all traffic laws and observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
7. Obeys all District transportation policies and disciplinary standards.
8. Washes bus as needed.
9. Attends safety meetings and other workshops to maintain high level of safety awareness and procedures; as required.
10. Fuels bus as needed and provides appropriate reports on fuel usage.
11. Performs other duties as directed by immediate supervisor.
*Repetitive motions with shoulder to open/close a bus door
*Repeated movements to and from the floor
*Repeated turning/twisting motions with all joints and waist
*Ability to sit for up to six hours
*Repeated push/pull on fingers, hands, wrists, shoulders, elbows and back
*Ability to turn head to both sides with full range of motion
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine months; compensation as per salary schedule.
TYPE OF POSITION: Nonexempt
EVALUATION: Evaluated annually by Director of Transportation
APPROVED BY SCHOOL BOARD: February 21, 2019