Family and Consumer Science Teacher
Position is full-time, part of the teacher bargaining unit and based at the Mahtomedi Middle School. Salary and benefits part of Master Agreement
Must have a valid MN Family and Consumer Science license and CTE certified or able to obtain the appropriate license from PELSB, Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board.
Responsible for providing an educational environment that will help student in learning and fulfill their growth potential. May teach topics that include nutrition, child development, household economics and goal setting, money management, careers and more.
- Must demonstrate strong knowledge and skills in areas of culinary arts, food science & nutrition, health & wellness, human development & family studies
- Be able to process the skills to build relationships and develop a strong understanding of high school students
- Enthusiasm to build a strong FACS program at Mahtomedi Middle School
- Excellent communication skills with students, parents and staff
- Provide instruction and clear communication in the curriculum area
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies
- Update all necessary records accurately as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Attend department, school and parent meetings or functions
- Other job-related duties as assigned
Mahtomedi Public Schools will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.