Description: St. Stanislaus Kostka Academy in Chicago is seeking candidates for a Kindergarten Teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. Ideal candidates should be dedicated, hard-working, enthusiastic, and organized. St. Stan's is a transformative learning community in which our mission is to push every student to live a life of excellence. Our balanced literacy program, U of C's Everyday Math, and Franklin Covey's 'Leader in Me' philosophy frame the student centered learning environment.
- Teach and act in accordance with the Catholic doctrinal and moral teachings of the Catholic Church
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy
- A working understanding of differentiated instructional strategies that are based upon student learning styles and needs
- Prepare lessons and unit plans in alignment with grade level priority standards
- Analyze student data to help drive instruction
- Implement core curriculum
- Integrate technology
- Plan student and family masses as scheduled in school calendar
- Implement the approved religion curriculum and model our Catholic faith in daily activities
- Build and maintain a strong school culture centered on love, leadership and learning
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure the success of our school mission
- Actively participate in PLCs, staff meetings, and professional development sessions
- Knowledge of MTSS practices
- Knowledge of the Danielson Framework as a professional growth tool
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth
- Perform and follow school policies in regards to specific tasks essential to the function of the position
- Bachelor's degree in education from an accredited College or University (required)
- IL Professional Educator License (required)
- Practicing Catholic
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Relentless commitment to raising the academic and social emotional achievement of ALL students
- Knowledge and commitment to sustain "The Leader in Me"
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently move, stand, and lift up to 10 pounds. As well as, be able to walk up and down steps several times each day and physically respond quickly in an emergency.
Apply online. Also submit letter of introduction and resume to the Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.