Application Deadline April 10th or until filled
Souhegan High School (SAU 39) is seeking a dedicated Learning Specialist. An ideal candidate will be able to deliver specialized instruction, manage student behaviors, develop individualized education plans, collaborate with colleagues, possess excellent communication skills, maintain confidentiality and professionalism, have a willingness to learn, and be committed to working with families and students collaboratively. Knowledge and experience with specific high school content and transition planning are preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate.
1. Commitment to inclusion of all students
2. NH Certification as a Special Education Teacher (1900)
3. Experience delivering specialized instruction
4. Comfort with high school mathematics preferred
5. Ability to develop Individual Education Plans, Transition Plans, and measurable goals
6. Knowledge of New Hampshire Special Education Information System
7. Successful experience working in a high school preferred
9. Bachelor’s degree
10. Successful experience dealing with students that have a variety of educational disabilities
Please include a cover letter and references.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Amherst School District, Mont Vernon School District, Souhegan Cooperative School District and SAU 39 does not discriminate in its education programs, activities or employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, language, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetics or veteran, marital or citizenship status. This policy is in accordance with state and federal laws, including Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Equal Pay Act, the Genetics Information Nondiscrimination Act, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and RSA 354-A.