Ticket Manager / RIHS
Certified in an approved teaching area or complete an approved State of Illinois coaching program;
Completion certified CPR training;
Broad knowledge of IHSA and NCAA rules, guidelines, and procedures
Rock Island-Milan School District 41
Job Title: Athletic Ticket/Business Manager
Department: Athletic Department
Supervisor: High School Principal
Exempt (Y/N): Yes
LOCATION: High School
SUPERVISOR: Athletic Director and High School Principal
DATE: May, 2016
DEPARTMENT: High School
To successfully manage all business and financial transactions pertaining to the interscholastic athletic program, to assist in providing overall leadership, supervision and coordination of all interscholastic sports programs in the school to provide student-athletes with worthwhile learning experiences. To assist in providing coaches and student-athletes with instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence. To be supportive of the athletic program and the philosophy of the school.?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of all School Board policies and athletic regulations approved by RIHS and assists the athletic director in their implementation.
- Administers all school district interscholastic policies and procedures as well as the By-laws and Policies of the Illinois High School Athletic Association (IHSAA), interpreting them for staff where applicable.
- Attends and supervises athletic contests as directed by the athletic director.
- Coordinates attendance and assumes responsibility of event support staff at all athletic contests.
- Presents recommendations for changes in athletic policies and procedures to the athletic director.
- Assists in working to increase morale and cooperation within the athletic department.
- Orders athletic tickets annually and maintains a proper annual inventory for audit purposes.
- Is responsible for all unsold ticket inventory and security of all unsold tickets.
- Prepares all payrolls for interscholastic contests.
- Ensures the payment of contest officials and obtains proper information for documentation.
- Assumes responsibility for event support staff at athletic contests.
- Pays all athletic invoices.
- Assists in the purchasing for the athletic department.
- Submits all financial end of the year reports to the Division of Athletics/Activities of the RIHS.
- Submits yearly final ticket inventory to the office of Management and Compliance Audits.
- Works with the athletic director to develop the annual athletic budget.
- Works with the athletic director to ensure the proper handling of athletic trust accounts.
- Seeks ways to assist in the support and financing of the athletic program.
- Observes the rules delineated in the Illinois Manual of Internal Fund Accounting.
- Establishes a professional relationship with the school treasurer and
- Collects, receipts and inputs all information required for the proper processing of the mandatory RIHS interscholastic athletic and football insurance program.
- Is not permitted to coach or assist in coaching any sports while serving as athletic business manager.
- Promotes the athletic program within the school.
- Maintains good public relations with the news media, social media, booster clubs, parents and officials.
- Represents the school at local, state, and national meetings and/or conferences.
- Provides for the appropriate development of sportsmanship.
- Assists in implementing programs and policies concerning injuries, medical attention and emergencies.
- Collects student-athlete insurance premiums and submits information and insurance payments to the insuring company on a weekly basis.
- Assists in the processing of scholar-athlete and scholarship award applications.
- Assists student-athletes in their college or advanced educational selection.
- Assists in the coordination of the purchasing of all athletic equipment and supplieswith the athletic director, head coaches, and school purchasing personnel.
- Instills in coaches and student-athletes a respect for equipment and school property.
- Trains and informs staff in regard to financial arrangements and obligations.
- Provides a list to head coaches of student-athletes who have paid insurance.
- Supports professional development of staff.
- Assists in developing and reviewing the athletic policy and staff handbook annually
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Athletic personnel as requested by the athletic director
- Athletic event support staff
- Sports teams
Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date.
Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in group situations; works actively to resolve conflicts.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Managing People - Makes self-available to staff; fosters quality focus in others; improves processes, products and services. Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
the above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
ACKNOWLEDGED: Supervisor/Manager Signature Date
ACKNOWLEDGED: Employee Signature Date
PRINT: Employee Name