International Academy of Flint is hiring an Elementary Paraprofessional
An Associates degree or higher is required for this position.
Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans with a low employee contribution. 401K plan available with employer contribution. Life, ADD, STD, and LTD 100% paid by employer!
Would you like to be part of a program that prepares all students for college, values the needs of all students, and helps students build a strong foundation to achieve success in a changing world? Does your passion for teaching and desire to make a difference in the life of a child describe why you chose teaching in the first place? If so, come and be part of our SABIS® educational team at the International Academy of Flint (IAF).
At IAF our staff and students work together through a rigorous curriculum that focuses on learning improvement and mastery attainment on a secure campus. We are a K-12 charter school in Flint that brings students from different backgrounds together to collaborate, develop strong relationships, and learn from one another as they explore new learning opportunities.
- Providing students with a safe, loving, stimulating, and nurturing environment.
- Supporting and assisting the classroom teacher in implementing the goals and objectives of the Kindergarten or Special Education curriculum.
- Working closely with the classroom teacher and the school administrative team.
- Making sure the school and SABIS® Educational System™ policies and procedures are properly and consistently implemented and maintained.
- Associate’s degree; or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years’ academic study at postsecondary institution, obtained associate’s or higher degree, or demonstrated through a formal state or local academic assessment their knowledge of and ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics
- Prior working experience with children preferred
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and self-management skills
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Goal orientation
- Planning and execution skills
- Teamwork skills
- Readiness to go above and beyond when necessary to reach goals
If you want to work in an atmosphere where collaboration is a mainstay, a well-structured and comprehensive curriculum is used and extensive classroom support and professional development is embedded. Join the SABIS® team at the International Academy of Flint. Apply today!