Intervention Specialist (K-3) (2021-2022 School Year)
Constellation Schools: Parma Community (Pearl Road Elementary) is searching for an Intervention Specialist (K-3) for the 2021-2022 school year.
First day: 08/17/2021
Contract period is 181 days.
Final day: 06/03/2022
Position Summary: The Intervention Specialist plans, organizes and implements an appropriate instructional program in keeping with the mission of Constellation Schools that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. The Intervention Specialist is responsible for supervising students and managing behavior for the purpose of providing a safe learning environment; guides and assists in the development of special education student success in social interaction and communication skills. The Intervention Specialist complies with all pertinent State of Ohio and Federal educational requirements.
Status: Full time or part time depending upon the needs of the school.
- Supervise and manage student behavior, ensures safe learning environment.
- Guides and assist students in social interactions and communication skills.
- Prepare written lesson plans according to the format and timeline prescribed by the Principal, Assistant Principal or Building Administrator.
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences; establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development; update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by law, Constellation policies and school regulations.
- Collaborate with grade level peers to analyze student data and strategize ways to improve student achievement.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance and development; provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Administer assessment and achievement tests as prescribed by the school.
- Incorporate character education into the daily curriculum and the visual appearance of the classroom.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management skills; manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Apply discipline in a positive and constructive manner in accordance with the plan established by the school.
- Refer to the Principal, Assistant Principal or Building Administrator all moral, educational and disciplinary problems of a serious nature.
- Emphasize to students the benefits of being punctual and having good attendance.
ODE-issued teaching lciense required.