Cook's Helper - Henry A. Coffeen Elementary
SCSD2 is seeking a positive, professional, and motivated Cook's Helper to join the Henry A. Coffeen Food Service team.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks in a commercial kitchen.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
REPORTS TO: Head Cook
JOB GOAL: To assist in the operation of the kitchen by efficiently completing assigned tasks and learning other jobs to maximize the operation of the food service program.
- Assume duties and areas of responsibility as directed by the Head Cook.
- Learn as many of the kitchen jobs as practical in order to be able to fill in or assist as directed by the Head Cook.
- Assist in food preparation, serving, daily cleaning, and other duties as assigned by the Head Cook.
- Learn to operate kitchen equipment properly and to use tools in a way that is safe, efficient, sanitary, and economical of time and materials.
- Be punctual, neat, clean, and have a positive attitude toward teammates and students.
- Complete assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to lift, transfer, and carry at least 40 lbs.
- Lower body strength to stand and walk for the entire workday.
- Ability to reach overhead and bend down to retrieve groceries, cookware or supplies in tight spaces.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment relationship with the District is at will and of indefinite duration. Salary and fringe benefits to be set by the Board of Trustees.
Job Category: Classified
Exemption Status: non-exempt
Insurance Eligibility: part-time insurance
Contract position: no
Wage (min/max): $12.19-$19.54 depending on experience
Placement on any of the Classified (Hourly) Wage Schedules for all new employees will be based solely on an individual’s years of job-related experience:
- School district experience (full time) = One (1) year of job-related experience equals one (1) step on the wage schedule, up to step seven (7)
- School district experience (substitute) & non-school district experience = three (3) years of job-related experience equals one (1) step on the wage schedule, up to step seven (7)
*placement beyond step seven (7) requires approval from the Superintendent
Upon board approval, eligible staff move one (1) step on the wage schedule annually, except in those years when the Board of Trustees sets a wage freeze due to budget constraints.
EVALUATION: The performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board’s Policy on Evaluations of Classified Personnel.
Sheridan County School District No. 2 does not discriminate on the basis of economic status, intellectual ability, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, or religion in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in, its educational programs or activities. Inquiries concerning Title VI, Title IX, Section 504, and ADA may be referred to Sheridan County School District No. 2:
Title IX Coordinator
Human Resource Director
201 N. Connor St.
Sheridan, WY 82801
Section 504 Coordinator
Special Services Director
201 N. Connor St.
Sheridan, WY 82801
The closing date displayed is a guideline for candidates and hiring committees. All job postings shall be open for a minimum of five days before they are filled. Once five days have elapsed, committees may begin selecting, interviewing, and hiring qualified candidates. An application is not a guarantee for an interview. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early, as job postings may close sooner than the listed close date.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act exemption status(exempt/non-exempt from overtime) is designated by position. Sheridan County School District No. 2 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Wyoming State Statute requires any employee initially hired by SCSD2 on or after July 1, 1996, to pass a criminal background check with DCI (Department of Criminal Investigation).