Traveling Kitchen Assistant
Reports To: Cafeteria Supervisor
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt
Compensation: 452 (Salary determined by experience)
Work Days: 177
FTE: 6 hours per day (hours vary based upon site)
Traveling Kitchen Assistant
This position is responsible for the receiving, safeguarding, preparing, cooking, serving and cleanup of food and non-food supplies. Operating a district vehicle may be required when performing assigned tasks. Tasks may include being assigned to multiple school sites where needed and performance of catering and special events in support of OKCPS district and department activities.
- Prepares and serves food and beverages in accord with all federal, state, local and CNS policies.
- Assists and cooperatively works with all kitchen staff in creating a harmonious working environment.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; practices overall safety and sanitation according to local, state and federal guidelines.
- Attends training courses as appropriate for continuous development of skills and successfully completes training certifications will be expected.
- Cleans and sanitizes of the caferteria space, and all equipment.
- Performs catering functions and special events.
- Maintains consistent and punctual attendance.
- Maintains neat uniformed appearance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
- One (1) month related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess a valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record as defined by the district's insurance carrier.
- May be required to meet USDA guidelines for professional standards and certificate.
- Continue to develop skills and successfully complete training certifications.
- Works well with both supervisors and other members of the team.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities):
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Must have adequate manual dexterity to write legibly and perform required duties on the computer.
- Must have adequate visual acuity to read, interpret and transcribe written material and other required duties.
- Requires normal range of hearing and clear speaking abilities to interact appropriately with others in person and on the telephone.
- Requires some stooping, bending, stretching and regularly lifting and/or move 35 pounds, 50 pounds frequently with assistance, 75 pounds occasionally with assistance.
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- May periodically require work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, under sometimes stressful conditions in order to meet business needs and strict deadlines.
- Office duties will be performed in a kitchen which may not be a controlled environment.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by the supervisor or appropriate administrator. Oklahoma City Public Schools reserves the right to, update, revise or change job duties as the need prevails. This document is for communication only and not intended to imply a written or implied contract of employment. The Board of Education and Superintendent may approve alternatives to the listed qualifications.