JANUARY 5, 2021
VACANCY POSTING FOR 2020-2021
POSTING PERIOD: JANUARY 6, 2021 THROUGH UNTIL FILLED
For information concerning this position, contact Ms. Patricia Kelly, Coordinator, Exceptional Student Education, at 904-491-9880 or contact Human Resources. For salary and transfer information, contact Human Resources.
The following NEW noninstructional vacancy is listed in Human Resources for the 2020-2021 school year.
YULEE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
1 Educational Signer RANGE OF PAY: $13.90/hr - $15.63/hr
(1) A high school diploma or its equivalent and two (2) years of study at an accredited postsecondary institution; or
an Associate’s degree or higher; or passed a rigorous examination demonstrating knowledge of and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and
(2) Registry of the Interpreters for the Deaf certification and completion of Interpreter Training Program preferred.
(3) At least one year of experience with the deaf population.
* (1) Provide signing services to identified ESE students at one or more sites using the appropriate mode of communication.
* (2) Provide voice interpreting as required.
* (3) Participate as a member of the educational team and assist in providing continuity of instruction for identified ESE students.
* (4) Serve as a communication facilitator.
* (5) Provide sign language services in the classroom, for lectures and conversations, assemblies, special projects, and other related functions.
* (6) Provide sign language services for IEP meetings, staffings, parent conferences, and other related functions as required.
* (7) Provide classroom assistance and tutoring for identified students as needed; proctor during test administration as needed.
* (8) Confer with classroom teachers to prepare for signing services.
* (9) Prepare for signing assignments by studying content areas, lesson plans, outlines and new vocabulary.
* (10) Sign all activities in the classroom such as lectures, discussions, conversations, questions, and answers, films special projects, announcements and assemblies
* (11) Provide signing services for school functions outside of the classroom during school hours.
* (12) Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
* (13) Meet and deal effectively with the general public, staff members, parents, administrators and other contact persons using tact and good judgment.
* (14) Follow school board policy regarding attendance and punctuality.
* (15) Ensure adherence to good safety standards.
* (16) Maintain confidentiality regarding school/workplace matters.
* (17) Model and maintain high ethical standards.
* (18) Maintain expertise in assigned area to fulfill position goals and objectives.
* (19) Participate successfully in the training programs offered to increase skill and proficiency related to assignment.
* (20) Keep supervisor informed of potential problems or unusual events.
* (21) Use effective, positive interpersonal communication skills.
* (22) Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
* (23) Facilitate communication individually or in groups.
* (24) Serve as a liaison to promote good public relations between the ESE students, staff and faculty members.
* (25) Exhibit interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member.
* (26) Follow federal and state laws as well as School Board policies, rules and regulations.
* (27) Demonstrate support for the school district and its goals and priorities.
* (28) Demonstrate initiative in identifying potential problems or opportunities for improvement.
* (29) Participate in cross-training activities as required.
* (30) Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN TO ELIGIBLE VETERANS AND SPOUSES IN COMPLIANCE WITH FLORIDA AND FEDERAL APPLICABLE LAWS.