AUGUST 20, 2020
VACANCY POSTING FOR 2020-2021
POSTING PERIOD: AUGUST 21, 2020 THROUGH UNTIL FILLED
For information concerning this position, contact Mr. Brad Underhill, Director, Transportation, at
904-225-0127 or contact Human Resources. For salary and transfer information, contact the Human Resources Department.
The following noninstructional vacancy is listed in the Human Resources Department for the 2020-2021 school year.
LOCATION: Transportation Department
ANNUAL EMPLOYMENT: Twelve Months (260 Days)/8 Hours Daily
SALARY RANGE: $43,971.00 - $52,083.00
(1) High School Diploma or equivalent.
(2) Valid CDL, Class B or higher, with Passenger, School Bus and Air Brake endorsements.
(3) Three years’ experience as a mechanic.
(4) Florida Department of Education Certified School Bus Safety Inspector, or be eligible to become certified within 90 days of employment.
* (1) Inspect and make repairs on all aspects of School Board automotive vehicles and equipment.
* (2) Perform general and major repair work on automobiles, buses, light and heavy trucks, graders, mowers, and other automotive, diesel, and mechanical equipment.
* (3) Inspect, adjust and replace necessary units and related parts, including cooling fuel and exhaust systems.
* (4) Tune motors using standard testing equipment.
* (5) Repair and overhaul brakes, transmissions, differentials, front and rear axle assemblies and repair and install hydraulic controls.
* (6) Perform all different phases of tire work.
* (7) Perform emergency road repairs and test-drive buses and other vehicles to ensure they are in safe operating condition.
* (8) Maintain tools and equipment in good working order.
(9) Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN TO ELIGIBLE VETERANS AND SPOUSES IN COMPLIANCE WITH FLORIDA AND FEDERAL APPLICABLE LAWS.