Custodian/Bus Driver @ Belvoir Elementary
Job | Posted 4 months ago
Pitt County Schools Job Description
Reports To: School Principal / Head Custodian
Term of Employment: TBD
Supervises: No one
Performance Evaluation: Performance to be evaluated annually by the principal, head custodian, and the bus supervisor
Education/Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED. Must be eligible for school bus driver’s license (CDL).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Clean and wash floors, walls, ceilings; dust and polish furniture; wash windows; strip, spray, buff, wax and polish floors; wash and clean restrooms.
- Disposal of garbage and trash
- Set up and shift furniture and furnishings as required
- Provide assistance to students, teachers, public, and any other employee as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain grounds by cutting grass with hand and power mowers, collecting litter, trimming bushes and small trees, raking grounds and performing minor repairs to walks, paths, walls play apparatus, roads, and site improvements. Snow removal duties as assigned.
- Assist in building maintenance on a handyman’s level by replacing window glass, cleaning gutters and drainpipes, freeing stopped sanitary and sink plumbing, repairing leaks, repairing furniture, doing simple painting, replacing lights, and performing other related work.
- Transport teaching supplies and equipment as required by the teaching staff and principal.
- Operate heating, lighting, ventilation, and electrical controls as specified. Perform routing lubrication services and minor preventive maintenance services.
- Perform inventory control checks.
- Assist in key maintenance program.
- Operate security systems and fire safety systems.
- Inspect buildings, report deficiencies.
- Maintain watch over property and grounds against trespassing, vandalism, and fire hazards. Signal police and fire departments.
- Order miscellaneous custodial material and supplies.
- Maintain bus license and accept bus driver assignments as needed
- Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision includes depth perception and ability to see color.