Hendry County District School Board
TITLE: BUS ATTENDANT
- Minimum 18 years of age.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Demonstrates aptitude for the work to be performed.
REPORTS TO: Route Coordinator/Manager
JOB GOAL: To assist in maintaining the safety of students while transported on school buses.
- Helps in maintaining safe surroundings in the transporting of children to and from school.
- Performs other related duties as required. (NOTE: The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
- Performs, from day to day, such tasks as requested by the immediate supervisor.
- Complies with all requirements of Transportation Department directives and School Board policies.
- Participates in inservice training programs as assigned.
- Assists the driver in maintaining discipline on the bus.
- Becomes familiar with the responsibilities of drivers transporting exceptional students, since some of these responsibilities will overlap with those of the aide in some circumstances.
- Operates the bus side-lift for loading and unloading students in wheelchairs. Secures the wheelchairs into place on the bus, when applicable.
- Works closely with the bus driver and school staff in supervising students in the bus.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the immediate supervisor.