21-1402 Asst. H.S. Football Coach
This position is for the 21-22 School Year
The high school assistant coach will work under the management of the head coach for their respective sport. Each coach must work within the framework of the Arizona Interscholastic Association (AIA) to provide leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of student athletes in their sport through coordinating, planning, evaluation, and implementation of programs. All coaches have the responsibility of carrying on their respective sport within the best interest of Marana Unified School District and its students within the bounds of the rules set forth by the AIA and the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS).
The coach must demonstrate and apply leadership, integrity, responsibility, self-control, and knowledge of rules and regulations at all times. It is necessary and important that the coach act in a responsible and professional manner. The coach must set a good example and provide a healthy lifestyle.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates a high level of dependability, organization, respect, integrity, and sportsmanship
- Utilizes positive interpersonal relations and effective communication skills
- Exhibits effective problem solving skills and judgment
- Maintains inventory of all sporting equipment and supplies
- Works with administrators, purchasing staff, and vendors to procure needed athletic equipment and supplies
- Communicates expectations to team members and families at the beginning of each season. This communication includes information for practice schedules, athlete expectations, and playing time distribution.
- Organizes and implements an efficient and effective try-out systems, practice plans, and game plans. This includes the organization of additional coaching staff members.
- Surveys playing surfaces and environment to ensure player safety
- Complies with district and school procedures
- Applies knowledge of sport to develop players at all levels of ability
- Hold athletes to high behavioral and academic expectations
- Ensures sportsmanship is displayed by team members during practice, travel, and competition
- Works to increase knowledge of sport and player development
- Partners with parent groups to positively impact experience of players
- Follows all procurement and fundraising rules and procedures
- Encourages and supports skill development throughout the year
- Proactively portrays a positive image of sports team in the community
- Respects the integrity and judgment of sports officials. The head coach is responsible for all bench personnel by rule.
- Fulfills responsibilities to provide health services and an environment free of safety hazards. Administer basic first aid and CPR in the event of a medical emergency.
- Encourages the highest standards of conduct and scholastic achievement among all athletes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience coaching assigned sport
- Exceptional communication skills with students and parents, and the ability to work with people who have a variety of skills, backgrounds, and temperaments
- Must possess a patient, positive and proactive attitude in dealing with students and parents
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification
- Successful completion of the online National Federation of State High School Association’s (NFHS) Concussions in Sports
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Discrimination against an otherwise qualified individual with a disability or any individual by reason of race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin, is prohibited. Efforts will be made in recruitment and employment to ensure equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons.