EL Interventionist (9-12)
Peotone CUSD 207U is seeking interested candidates for the position of EL Interventionist for the 2021-2022 school year (position available at 9-12). Qualified candidates should apply online and/or send credentials to Mrs. Amy Loy, Director of Special Services, at email@example.com.
Valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL).
- Endorsement or approval in English as a Second Language.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to English language acquisition.
- Strong organizational and communication skills. Ensures a high degree of confidentiality.
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Services, Assistant Superintendent, and/or Building Principals (as appropriate)
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Coordinate and lead the administration of a language screener (WIDA) and State language assessment (ACCESS / Alternate ACCESS for ELLs) for all students in the district.
- Utilize data and formative assessments in maintaining complete and accurate records of student’s progress and evidence of growth in language development.
- Provides supplemental instruction to students utilizing differentiated techniques and strategies (pull-out and/or push-in, as appropriate) addressing all aspects of communication that develop each student’s ability to read, write, speak, and listen in the content areas.
- Provides professional development to teaching staff regarding best practices in supporting EL students in the regular classroom.
- Serve as a resource to parents regarding ways to help bridge the gap that exists for children not proficient in the English language.
- Work closely with classroom teaching staff to determine most effective strategies/interventions to support students at risk, as well as progress monitor students over the course of the school year.
- Build teacher capacity with daily use of ESL strategies to support students (select, develop, modify and/or adapt materials and resources to support student learning and language acquisition).
- Provides a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment for students.