High School - Special Education Teacher
High School - Special Education School Teacher
Terms of Employment: 10-month Employee
Reports to: Building Level Principal and Manager, Student Services
Salary: Current Odyssey Charter School Teacher Salary Scale
The future is brighter than ever for Odyssey Charter School, and we are in search of highly-motivated, equally passionate individuals to join our Team! Odyssey is a full-scale K-12 Charter School currently serving 2,000 students. Our School has a growing dual immersion program, innovative green Initiative, community food program, and high academic outcomes. Odyssey is united in our mission to prepare lifelong learners who are culturally aware, global citizens that utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills grounded in the classical teachings of Greek education and language. This approach trains students to use the Socratic Method and inquiry approach to learning while leveraging their unique skills and talents in an equitable and democratic manner to create a positive culture where all students can find success.
- Must hold or be eligible to obtain a valid Delaware License and Special Education Teacher Certification (K-12) in accordance with 14 Del. C. § 1531
- Must demonstrate a firm knowledge of special education laws and requirements
- Successful completion of Praxis II exams
- Effectively support caseload of identified students with support services by offering content and instruction that ensures student achievement of the School's academic standards.
- Develop student's Individual Education Plans (IEP) within a sufficient timeline prior to IEP meetings.
- Use accepted data sources, classroom observation, and input from the department, parents, teachers, and associated school professionals to develop IEPs that meet needs and work towards academic, social, and behavioral growth for individual students.
- Assist in ensuring student audit files and any related documentation to support the needs of students to ensure their compliance in following State requirements are up-to-date.
- Effectively plan and organize for instruction by working together with regular education teachers as needed, and sharing information and insight about student growth/needs.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides reports as required, as well as notifying parents of student progress when necessary.
- Provides individualized and small group instruction (as necessary) to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil. Determines the appropriate pace for instruction related to students' abilities and explains material and subject content to students and parents. Differentiates instruction for students based upon need and works with students and other teachers in inclusive settings.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Works cooperatively with all staff and parents.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Favorable Criminal Background Check and Child Abuse Registry Check for the candidate who is offered employment
- Tuberculin Test
- Mandatory Direct Deposit of paycheckInterested applicants must apply online and upload a letter of interest, resume, proof of certification, the most recent job evaluation, and three (3) letters of recommendation dated within the last year.
Odyssey Charter School does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, military/veteran status, disability, marital status or any other protected category in accordance with state and federal laws.
Technical difficulties applying online? Please contact: email@example.com