Hourly Rate: $14.20 per hour
Work Schedule: Up to 25 hours/week; we will be flexible in building employee scheudules comprised of 4-5 hour shifts between 3:30 PM-12:00 AM; Mondays-Fridays
This posting is to pool candidates for up to two (2) part-time custodial positions in the Pine-Richland School District.
This position is responsible for maintaining the school buildings, grounds, and auxiliary facilities in a state of operating excellence and cleanliness to support the educational programs of the district. Implement new cleaning procedures, protocols, and demonstrate a commitment to process improvement. Serve as a point-person for school/community groups during facility events. Ensure facilities are secured and locked in accordance with district safety and security protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clean and maintain designated work runs and building equipment as determined by the Director of Facilities Management and/or Custodial Supervisor.
- Perform and complete all duties assigned through the Daily Work Assignment
- These duties include, but not limited to; dusting, surface cleaning, trash removal, floor cleaning (i.e., dust mop, wet mop, floor scrubber, vacuuming), and toilet and sink cleaning.
- Maintain inventory of custodial supplies and equipment.
- Assist with outdoor maintenance including, but not limited to: snow removal and applying ice melt, removing trash and litter, window/exterior building cleaning, etc.
- Perform ongoing preventative maintenance and/or minor repairs to custodial equipment.
- Participate in and demonstrate competencies associated with district provided training and development.
- Ensure building and auxiliary facility doors and windows are appropriately secured and locked at designated times as determined by the Director of Facilities Management and the Building Principal.
- Assist school/community groups with facility usage in accordance with district-issued building permit. Assist with the production and set-up of requested building equipment.
- Serve as district’s on-site representative, along with district-appointed Site Managers, if applicable, to safeguard and oversee building usage during evening or weekend events.
- Engage in district-wide summer cleaning program including, but not limited to, stripping and waxing of floors, moving of furniture, and overall cleaning of classroom spaces. Summer cleaning program may require the adjustment of regularly scheduled work hours.
- Perform building checks, as assigned by Custodial Supervisor.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Maintain respectful and professional interactions and communications with co-workers, supervisors, students and members of the community.
- Perform all duties in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, and school board policies and administrative regulations.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Facilities Management and/or Custodial Supervisor.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma. Experiences in cleaning, lawn care, HVAC, also helpful. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Current Child Abuse and Federal and Pennsylvania Criminal History Reports required.
Respect and maintain the confidentiality of students, staff and personal communications at all times.
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Able to write routine reports and correspondence. Able to speak effectively with groups of visitors, school staff or students.
Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and the community. Able to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board of Education policies.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk (~90% of the time), use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee frequently must squat, stoop or kneel, reach above the head and reach forward. The employee continuously uses hand strength to grasp tools and climbs on to ladders. The employee will frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk more than the average person while performing the duties of this job.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds such as cleaning supplies, pails and unloading trucks. Occasionally the employee will lift and/or move up to 90 lbs. such as salt and bulk furniture. The employee will push/pull items such as tables, bleachers, scrubbing machines. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works indoors and will occasionally work outdoors. The employee will work near or with moving mechanical equipment. The employee may work with toxic or caustic chemicals such as petroleum products, degreasers, and sprays while performing the duties of this job. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with severe time constraints. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A., and does not represent an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties may be assigned.