Physical Education Teacher-Secondary
Job | Posted 12 days ago
SECONDARY PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASSROOM TEACHER GRADES7-12JOB DESCRIPTION
- Proper certification as required by the Mississippi Educator Licensure Department.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
REPORTS TO: Principal and Supervisor
SUPERVISES: Assistant Teacher and Volunteers, if assigned.
JOB GOAL: To help students achieve a designated set of behavioral objectives that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Meet and instruct assigned classes in the locations and at the time designated.
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior, and handle own minor discipline problems.
- Employ instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives and have been proven by research to have a positive correlation with pupil learning, while avoiding those known to have negative correlations.
- Strive to implement, by instruction and action, the district's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Talce all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Evaluate student programs on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative regulations and Board policy.
- Make provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Attend and participate regularly in faculty meetings.
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning instructional goals, objectives and methods.
SECONDARY PHYSICAL EDUCATION CLASSROOM TEACHER--GRADES 7-12 PAGE2
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment and other instructional materials, when requested.
- Accept a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities, as assigned.
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning both the broad academic and behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relations with others.
- Provide for own professional growth, especially in area of assignment through an ongoing program of reading, workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning.
- Make sure that relevant, quality instructions and assignments are provided for class and substitute teacher when absent.
- Perform out-of-class duty when and where assigned with regularity.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Principal and/or Supervisor.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board of
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
Approved by: Date: _
Reviewed and agreed to by: Date: _