Auxiliary Aide - 2021-2022 SY
DESCRIPTION of POSITION:
The Auxiliary Aide reports to the Director of Special Education and Building Administration. He/She shall assist in providing student safety on the bus and student/teacher assistant in the classroom.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that students enter and leave the bus in a safe manner.
- Ensure that students are properly and safely seated at all times.
- Maintain discipline as needed.
- Provide attention to students with special health problems, such as seizures.
- Report and keep records of all major discipline problems, accidents and current bus roster.
- Maintain the order and neatness of the classroom.
- Help substitute teachers during the assigned classroom teacher’s absence.
- Attend to the toileting needs of students. This includes routine bathroom scheduling, clean-up of toileting accidents, and vomit.
- Assist children with activities of daily living-dressings, etc.
- Help those children who need help eating.
- Additional duties as assigned by the teacher or supervisor.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Illinois Paraprofessional License.