Spanish Teacher – Pre-K through 3rd Grade
East Lake Academy is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, professional and enthusiastic Spanish teacher for Pre-K through 3rd Grad for the 2021-2022 school year. While this is currently only a long-term substitute position, there is a possibility of it turning into a full-time teaching position.
This position has the potential to be a full day if paired with our opening for a Pre-K teacher's aide in our extended care program in the afternoon. Otherwise, it will be a half day in the mornings.
Instructional staff plan for and provide innovative learning experiences for students in an enriching faith-filled environment.
· Develop, select, and modify instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students
· Communicate comfortably (written and orally) with students, parents/guardians, administrators, and others
· Supervise students in a variety of school-related settings and monitor and evaluate student outcomes in a data-driven setting.
· Employ responsive classroom management strategies
· Maintain a clean, respectful, and orderly classroom, and follow classroom and school procedures as directed by the school
· Maintain records and draft notes on attendance, pertinent inquiries, and incidents
· Work with a diverse student population for all grade-levels
· Ensure the safety of students
· Follow and enforce rules, policies, and procedures of both the classroom and the school campus
· Actively support the mission of the school
· Perform duties as assigned by the principal
· Bachelor’s degree in education or Spanish required
· Master's/Advanced degree preferred
· Fluency/strong knowledge of Spanish grammar and vocabulary
· Strong written and verbal communication and professional interactions with students, parents, staff, and community.
· Provide varied assessment practices and student feedback
· Passion for teaching and Spanish language/Hispanic cultures
· Collaborate with colleagues.
· Bachelors Degree in education or Spanish
· Active licensure (IL SUB or PEL)
· Must meet all background and employment requirements of the Archdiocese of Chicago found at www.archchicago.org.
· Master's degree preferred
· 1 – 3 years of teaching experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must frequently move, stand, and lift up to 10 pounds, as well as be able to walk up and down steps several times each day and physically respond quickly in an emergency.
· Complete an application through Applitrack/Frontline or Indeed
· Submit transcripts
· Submit reference letter/s
The Archdiocese of Chicago complies with all laws concerning nondiscrimination in employment. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, age, unfavorable discharge from military service, arrest record, or mental or physical handicap unrelated to ability to perform the duties of the position. It is our policy to offer reasonable accommodations for the special needs of otherwise handicapped individuals. We seek innovators, collaborators and problem-solvers who believe that socio-economic status should not determine access to or achievement in this global economy.