Elementary District Summer Program Nurse - (up to 7 hrs/day; up to 2 positions available)
Posted 4 months ago
- Holds a current and unrestricted RN license (preferred) or LPN license in the State of Illinois
- Has current CPR certification or CPR Instructor's certification
- Knowledge of the nursing process and community health nursing
- Knowledge of current trends in healthcare delivery and treatment
- Knowledge of the medical, legal, and ethical aspects of nursing
- Knowledge of age-appropriate anticipatory guidance, development of the psycho-social process, and health issue or concerns
- Working knowledge of community, medical, and social services resources
- Ability to assess student needs, formulate care plans, and evaluate plans of care
- Ability to provide culturally competent care
- Ability to monitor and record client-related outcomes and observations
- Ability to understand and implement standing orders and administer therapeutic prescriptions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, parents, students, and medical professionals
- Ability to work within guidelines established by District policies and/or grants
- April 12, 2021
- This position is for the District’s K-5 Summer Program housed at Bottenfield Elementary School and Dr. Howard Elementary School.
- The Elementary Summer School Program runs from June 21, 2021 - July 15, 2021 (Monday-Thursday).
- Staff will be expected to be on duty (and will be paid) from 8:30 am - 11:30 am and 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm.
- Please contact Peter Foertsch (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about this position.