21/22 SY - Paraprofessional II - Head Start Floater
TITLE: Paraprofessional II - Floater
REPORTS TO: Early Childhood Director
SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Early Childhood Director, the Head Start Floater will promote school readiness activities for the Head Start Program by working closely with teachers to provide classroom support, staff coverage, and ensure compliance with all state, local and federal regulations. Support to teachers and administrative staff occurs at various sites and/or schools.
1. Assist the teacher in developing and implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum for children 3, 4, and 5 years old at various sites and locations.
2. Assist the teacher in arranging the physical environment and curriculum to reflect a developmentally appropriate, anti-bias, multicultural approach.
3. Participate in team planning of curriculum with the teaching assistant and other staff, encouraging and using appropriate input from parents.
4. Work collaboratively with the Early Childhood Director, Head Start Supervisor, teachers and paraprofessionals to provide lunch coverage in order to maintain required licensing ratios in preschool classrooms across the district.
5. Provide assistance to complete and maintain all necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance with Head Start Performance Standards.
6. Assist the teacher in implementing and monitoring state, local licensing, and federal regulations.
7. Assist the teacher in conducting home visits and parent/teacher conferences.
8. Assist the teacher in training and supervising volunteers, and parents.
9. Assist the teacher in implementing the developmental assessments of children.
10. Work cooperatively with staff to support special education services for children and families.
11. Assist the teacher in overseeing the maintenance and inventory of classroom supplies, materials, and equipment.
12. Assist the teacher in planning, organizing, and attending parent meetings and training as needed or required.
13. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card, Valid driver's license, proof of negative TB test within prior twelve months, proof of insurance, good driving record.
Experience with ECCER-R, CLASS, or other early childhood assessments tools and/or early childhood accreditation programs (such as NAEYC), preferred.
- One-year preschool experience
- Ability to work with administrators, teachers, parents.
- Ability to comprehend and make inferences from written materials
- Ability to collect and analyze data, prepares concise, accurate reports, and makes recommendations.
The work environment is a normal office and school setting.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Nine-month, Paraprofessional II Classified Salary Schedule, Employee benefits in accordance with board policies.
Performance is evaluated in accordance with board policy.