Custodian - Gloucester High School - PN 682
Posted 4 months ago
GLOUCESTER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
To apply, please visit Employment at http://gets.gc.k12.va.us to complete an online application.JOB ID: 682 POSITION TITLE: Custodian LOCATION: Gloucester High School FLSA: Non-Exempt/7½ hours per day/260 days/12 months RATE: $20,295 - $32,674, depending on education and experience. GENERAL STATEMENT: Under the supervision of the Principal, Assistant Principal, and Custodial Foreman, performs general cleaning and maintenance in school buildings and grounds; maintains equipment in functional condition; and provides cleaning and custodial assistance to students, teachers, visitors and others as necessary. QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High School Diploma or GED, preferred
2. Custodial experience, preferred
3. Aptitude for successful completion of tasks
4. Ability to prioritize, organize, and perform work independently
5. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work in varied weather conditions
6. Satisfactory completion of all onboarding requirements prior to first day of employment, including, but not limited to:
- Documentation of eligibility for employment in the U.S.
- Virginia State Police/FBI criminal history background check
- Virginia Department of Social Services background check
- Tuberculosis test/screening completed within the last 12 months ESSENTIAL DUTIES: 1. Completes cleaning schedule for areas assigned, within the frequency requirements provided.
2. Conducts routine tours of the physical plant, grounds, and facility as assigned in the schedule.
3. Routinely inspects those areas outlined in the building for possible personnel and safety hazards and reports to the appropriate person(s).
4. Conducts such maintenance functions, which are assigned, within the knowledge and skill level as determined by the appropriate person(s).
5. Observes cleaning and maintenance needs or requirements for the areas assigned and reports the requirements to the appropriate person(s).
6. Reports as essential personnel and performs duties as required upon implementation of the Inclement Weather Plan.
7. Acts in a courteous and respectful manner, using good judgment and appropriate communication skills at all times.
8. Maintains a high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality regarding students, parents, and other staff members.
9. Models non-discriminatory behavior in all activities.
10. Performs related work as required.
11. May be assigned additional tasks, duties, and/or responsibilities as needed and requested. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Position entails frequent climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, and other repetitive motions. Must have the use of sensory skills as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls. WORKING CONDITIONS: Position entails frequent exposure to body fluids and excrement, work-related chemicals, gasses, occasional orders, fumes, noise, and other job-related materials. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled POSTED: March 24, 2021 Gloucester County Public Schools reserves the right to delete, add, or revise provisions of this vacancy announcement should the position be re-advertised. This includes the position title, minimum and preferred qualifications, working conditions, and essential duties. Gloucester County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, creed, marital status, age, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices as required by the Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504 and ADA regulations.