Bi-Lingual Early Childhood Screener
WORK DAY/YEAR: Approximately 10 hours per week year round; the hours include daytime, late afternoons,and some early evenings a week and 2-3 Saturdays per year.
CLASSIFICATION: Community Education; Time-Sheeted
SALARY: $14.00 per hour
- Plans and implements Early Childhood Screenings
- Weight & Height
- Developmental screening - Early Screening Inventory-Revised and Picture
- Health History
- Social Emotional screening- Ages and Stages Social Emotional Questionnaire 2
- Completes summary interviews reviewing the child's screening with the parent
- Shares community resources with parents
- Responsible for referrals and follow-up contacts
- Keeps accurate records
- Maintains organized work and screening environment
- Attends bi-monthly team meetings
- Outreach Events
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood or similar field required.
- Early Childhood experience preferred.
- Preferred languages: Arabic, Somali, Spanish.
Commitment to Equity:
Rochester Public Schools is committed to diversifying its workforce to better reflect the community we serve. We believe the practices used in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, supporting, and promoting staff must include and honor, at every level, those who represent the diverse identities of our schools and community.
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
District Information: Visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.