TITLE: Cafeteria Cook: (10 months)
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Certified in food safety.
3. School cafeteria experience preferred.
4. Ability to complete successfully the performance
responsibility of the position.
REPORTS TO: School Cafeteria Manager
SUPERVISES: Assists in the supervision of cafeteria employees assigned to the school
JOB GOAL: Prepare and cook items following a menu and following hazardous assessment of critical control points (HACCP).
- Does all the cooking for hot lunches.
- Helps serving lunches.
- Prepares food for the next day.
- Cleans tables and stove.
- Helps others who need help when duties are finished.
- Ability to adjust recipes, using basic math skills, to accommodate the number of students to be fed.
- Performs such other related tasks as the Food Services Manager assigns.
- Standing: (Continuous) remain standing on one’s feet on hard surfaces.
- Walking: (Frequent) moving from area to area.
- Lifting: (Frequent) Raising or lowering and object 5lbs to 50 lbs.
- Pushing/Pulling (Frequent) Exerting force upon and object to move that object to the desired location.
- Crouching/Squatting: (Frequent) to access food and materials from floor to waist level or counter.
- Carrying: (Frequent) transporting an object 5 to 10 lbs. by hand, arm, or shoulder.
- Climbing: (Occasional) Stairs and footstools and storeroom ladders
- Reaching: (Frequent) extending the hands and arms in any direction.
- Coordination Balance: performing work using Eye/Hand/foot using any two.
- Grasping/Handling: (Continuous) seizing, holding, grasping, or otherwise working with one’s hands.
Occasional: 6-33% of the time
Frequent: 34 – 66% of the time
Continuous: 67% - 100%
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Annually by the Food Service and Cafeteria Managers.
DATE: October 2008
New London Public Schools
New London, Connecticut
New London Public School District is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Candidates from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.