Lighting & Sound Technician (2-3)
This position is on an as needed basis. The hourly rate is $20.00 per hour. There are no
benefits associated with this position.
Job Title: Lighting & Sound Technician
Reports To: Finance Manager
Location: East Haven High School
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Education: Two years of college or more preferred
Experience: As a lighting and sound technician
Position Summary: The Light & Sound Technician will assist with the maintenance of house lighting, sound and video boards during all events held throughout the District. Provide professional sound and light support for shows and other activities throughout the District. Set up, run, and maintain the sound/light equipment.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions: The following duties are representative of performance expectations. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with a disability to perform essential functions:
- Setting up and operating stage and broadcast lighting.
- Setting up and operating sound systems for school productions and live broadcasting.
- Operate the sound systems for all events and special programs.
Skills and Abilities Required: The following characteristics and physical skills are important for the successful performance of assigned duties:
- Working knowledge of job-related computer programs and software.
- Working knowledge of digital sound and light systems.
- Must be self-starter, highly motivated, have a positive attitude and capable of relating to management staff, other employees and public.
- Must be willing and able to work flexible hours/schedules.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds and capable of maneuvering and working on a catwalk and/or tension grid.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Classified Personnel.
East Haven Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, females, disabled, and veterans are encouraged to apply.