Interrelated Special Education Teacher - Halstead High School
This position is for Halstead High School through the Harvey County Special Education Coop.
- Licensed in the State of Kansas
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board of education may find appropriate and acceptable
REPORTS TO: Director, Harvey County Special Education Cooperative; Building Administrator
JOB GOAL: To provide each identified student with the individually tailored help, counsel, and learning experiences he/she needs to make progress toward established educational goals.
- Collaborates with all staff to develop and implement individual educational programs for students with disabilities.
- Determines specific learning problems, skill deficiencies, or social adjustment difficulties of students and initiates remediation programs in these areas.
- Develops and maintains individual education plans in accordance with Kansas regulations and district policies.
- Evaluates each student in terms of initial needs and progress toward goals.
- Prepares progress reports and year-end evaluations, administering pre-tests and post-tests as appropriate and necessary.
- Provides a wide range of teaching materials and equipment.
- Counsels students in identifying and addressing their academic and social problems.
- Establishes and maintains standards of individual student behavior.
- Works closely with other teachers to help the students maintain satisfactory classwork, homework, and behavior.
- Helps parents and other teachers to understand the specific problems of educationally handicapped students and the goals and operation of the program, apprising them of problems and progress.
- Participates in case conferences about information on student’s abilities and needs.
- Performs basic attendance accounting and similar record-keeping functions pertinent to the educationally handicapped program.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the field by reading journals and publications, attending professional society meetings, seminars, and conferences.
- Develops transition plans for students age 14 and older, providing appropriate transition experiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.