Reading Specialist Part-time 2021-2022
ABOUT OHR TORAH
Ohr Torah Cincinnati (OTC) in Cincinnati, Ohio is a Jewish independent school that serves toddlers through eighth grade. We focus on fostering and infusing a true love for learning in all that we do and an appreciation and awe for learning across all subject areas and throughout every aspect of the children’s day. Specifically, we provide a carefully planned, stimulating, and structured learning environment along with an integrated, robust curriculum across and within Judaic and General Studies. Our approach to learning builds independence in students and honors the innate yearning for discovery inherent in all people.
Ohr Torah in Cincinnati is looking for an intervention specialist to join our team as a Part-time or Full-time Reading Specialist for the 2021-2022 school year. The Reading Specialist works as part of a team with teachers and administrators to aid student learning through instruction and develops learning strategies tailored to a student’s particular learning style Our Reading Specialist plays a critical role in ensuring our children develop strong skills allowing them to reach their full potential.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Creating Reading improvement and monitoring plans for students reading below level in grades 1-6.
- Assist teachers with RTI for students who are struggling to read at applicable grade level
- Work with students who have Reading Improvement Monitoring Plans either one-on-one in groups to bring students up to grade applicable grade level
- Work on implementing services and reporting data on the Reading Improvement and Monitoring Plans
- Administer assessments to the student along with on-going progress monitoring (MAP, DIBELS)
- Work with teachers & students to raise student achievement scores
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field, experience providing learning support in reading.
- Knowledge of child growth and development.
- Willingness to spend the time needed to effectively meet the challenges, objectives, and mission of Ohr Torah Cincinnati
- A cover letter specific to your qualifications for the position
- A resume
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Montessori training
- Employer-Sponsored Simple IRA Program with Company Match
- Professional Development and Learning Opportunities
- Extensive Paid Time Off including federal holidays and Jewish Holidays