Elementary Special Education Resource Teacher (Long-term Guest Teacher) (.50 FTE)
PAY RATE: $256/ DAY
Community Unit School District 200 is seeking a dynamic, energetic Elementary Special Education Resource Teacher (Long-term Guest Teacher) to plan and implement the goals of the individual education plan (IEP). This person is also responsible for the supervision and guidance of paraprofessional staff in regards to the planning and implementation of the IEP.
This person is responsible to maintain a positive learning environment, hold high academic expectations, and create a student-centered classroom while building rapport with students, parents and staff. The position requires an individual who will assist our schools in creating an exemplar learning community where everyone seeks and implements strategies for improving student achievement and growth. This person will work collaboratively in professional learning communities to achieve goals with a common purpose focused on student learning.
Current Illinois Special (Type 10) Certificate with LBS1 Endorsement; OR
Current Illinois Elementary and/or Secondary Professional Educator License (PEL) with LBS1 Endorsement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds trust and confidence with students
- Instructs individuals and groups based on IEP goals
- Monitors student progress in and outside resource room
- Modifies curriculum if needed
- Maintains contact with parents of students to report progress towards IEP goals
- Prepares educational records and IEP forms