Individual Paraprofessional - 30hrs/wk with benefits
Position Title: Special Education Paraprofessional
Terms of Employment: 188 days per year.
• Associates Degree or college courses preferred
• Valid New Hampshire Para II certification or ability to obtain
Reports to: Special Education Teacher
Supervises: Students as directed by the classroom teacher
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Agreement between the FMRSD and the Fall Mountain Regional Educational Support Personnel Association.
To assist the teacher in providing instruction to individuals
or groups of students in an assigned special education classroom and/or in the
regular education setting.
- Provide instructional assistance to individuals or groups of students while in the special education or regular education classrooms
- Provide for the safety and well-being of students assigned to individual for supervision
- Observe and respond to inappropriate behaviors of students
- Provide support to the teacher by setting up work areas, displays, classroom materials, and any items as directed by the teacher.
- Work under the direction of a teacher and they may help to teach subjects as deemed appropriate by the teacher.
- Follow the direction of the classroom or special education teacher in meeting the academic, social, emotional and behavioral needs of the students.
- Consult with teachers on a regular basis concerning program and material needs of students
- Prepare instructional materials as directed by the teacher
- Provide a variety of clerical and supervisory duties as assigned by the building principal and special/regular education teacher (may include recess duty)
- Assist students with special physical and emotional needs as determined by the student's IEP.
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Assist students with personal needs as determined by the teacher.
- Paraprofessionals work under the direction of a teacher to offer support to smaller groups of children. They may help to teach subjects, support appropriate behaviors and/or offer a variety of support for the classroom.
- One on one paraprofessionals provide support for only one child who has special needs; cognitive, emotional, or behavioral.