TEACHER - SPEECH (BILINGUAL) 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR (1.0)
Job | Posted a month ago
Elementary Speech and Language Pathologist (Bilingual)
Note: This is a GEA position with no supervisory responsibilities.
- Provide mandated speech and language therapy for students with disabilites as described on each student's IEP
- Complete triennail speech and language evaluations for students
- Serve as the Speech and Language Pathologist at IEP meetings for students, demonstrating a strong knowledge of the PPT process, referral and evaluation processes and IEP development
- Maintain IDEA timelines, IEP compliance, student files and rosters for the school team
- Participate as a member of the school based Student Assistance Team
- Must have current Connecticut certification (speech and language - endorsement 061) or hold a current out of state certificate and have an active application with the State of CT (credential letter must be attached to your online application).
- Successful experience as a school based speech and language therapist
- Should be Billingual (Spanish)
- Demonstrate experience in utilizing research-based speech and language intervention strategies
- Knowledge and experience in special and general education, pedagogy, and assessment (including data analysis)
- Demonstrate ability to work well with others
- Experience or interest in providing distance learning speech therapy
- Proficiency with computers and various classroom technologies and the effective use of technology with individual students.