School Bus Driver ~ No Experience Necessary ~ We Will Train You!
$16.36 per hour - commensurate with experience
2021-2022 School year
10 Month position - 6 hours per day (additional hours available)
Major medical, dental, life and income protection
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years driving experience with a citation-free driving history.
- Arizona Class B Driver’s License with air brake, passenger and school bus endorsements.
- Arizona School Bus Driver Certification (training provided by Flowing Wells).
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification required.
- Must pass a physical examination annually and possess a Department of Transportation health card.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to operate a standard or automatic transmission motor vehicle and foot controls with two feet simultaneously.
Ability to use two-way communication equipment.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Ability to react professionally for the safety of the students in the event of an emergency.
Ability to understand and comply with all traffic laws.
Knowledge of towns and streets.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with staff, students, parents and community members.
Knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws, district procedures and Board policies.
Ability to handle confrontation and conflict without an emotional response.
Skills in stress management.
- Skills in time management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drives school bus on scheduled route transporting students to and from school.
- Ensures that students are delivered to proper drop-off points and determines that students are met by designated parent or guardian when required.
- Transports students on educational field trips, sporting events, and other district sanctioned trips, both locally and out of town.
- Maintains order and discipline of students and other passengers on bus per prescribed policies and prepares disciplinary referrals when required.
- Conducts emergency evacuation drills.
- Demonstrates and explains emergency evacuation procedures to passengers in accordance with Transportation Safety Training.
- Obeys all traffic laws and observes all mandatory safety regulations for school buses.
- Administers first-aid when necessary.
- Maintains a clean and neat interior and exterior of the bus.
- Makes minor seat repairs and removes graffiti.
- Services bus, including putting in fuel, oil, power steering fluid, coolant, windshield washer solvent, and fluid level in battery.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections as specified in the Department of Transportation regulations.
- Monitors bus for mechanical defects and needed repairs in accordance with the district bus safety program and reports defects or needed repairs on the daily inspection report.
- Keeps record of gas and oil usage, mileage, and the number of students transported as required.
- Communicates with teachers, principals, monitors and other officials.
- Attends monthly safety meetings.
- Operates wheelchair lift, and loads and unloads and safely secures passengers confined to wheelchairs.
- Utilizes mandatory seating charts when required.
Operates and maintains school buses for the purpose of transporting students and other persons in a safe manner from home to school and back, and to and from other educational and athletic activities.
PC# 544 270 627