COVID-19 Response and Deep Cleaning Custodian (Full Time or Part Time Temporary Positions available) 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 School Years (Internal and external applicants)
Posted a month ago
COVID-19 Response and Deep Cleaning Custodian (Full Time or Part Time Temporary Positions available) 2020/2021 and 2021/2022 School Years
(Internal and External applicants)
(Internal and External applicants)
Incumbents are responsible for performing deep cleaning and frequent routine disinfecting custodial activities. Incumbents may be responsible for performing outdoor custodial activities. The Custodian is the first level in a three level building maintenance series. The Custodian is distinguished from the Building Maintenance Technician, which has routine facility and grounds maintenance responsibility.
Ability to read and write in order to communicate and receive instruction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Performs a variety of custodial duties which includes: deep cleaning classrooms, offices, lounges, workrooms, restrooms, entryways, and hallways; emptying trash; collecting food trays; sweeping floors; dusting computers and televisions; mopping, buffing, sweeping, and vacuuming floors; cleaning chalkboard trays, windows, sinks, counters, toilets, and mirrors; replenishing toilet paper, towels, and soap; touching up paint; changing light bulbs; washing walls, windows, doors, and handles; and, cleaning carpet
- Routinely disinfects high touch areas such as light switches, and door knobs.
- Disinfects, sets up and takes down equipment for meals and/or special events
- Collects trash from cafeteria, classrooms, and/or offices and takes out for disposal.
- Moves furniture and equipment for cleaning, disinfecting and special events
- Secures buildings and/or classrooms
- Checks supplies inventory and notifies appropriate individuals when inventory is low or depleted; restocks supplies and/or chemicals
- Performs restoration cleaning by stripping, waxing, and buffing floors; cleans and extracts carpets
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
(These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLSKnowledge of:
- Deep cleaning techniques;
- Chemicals and chemical mixtures;
- Safety and security procedures;
- Basic mathematics.
- Cleaning classrooms, offices, restrooms, hallways, and other facilities;
- Proper handling of chemicals;
- Using custodial equipment such as vacuums and buffers;
- Setting up and disinfecting classrooms, gyms, and other areas for special events;
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, staff, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions.
- Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts and chemicals.
- Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of forces constantly to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENTREPORTS TO: Site Administrator/Building and Operations Administrator
LOCATION: All Schools
CALENDAR: 12 Month Alternate Calendar - Modified Temporary COVID-19 Custodian Calendar JOB CATEGORY: Educational Support Professional (ESP)
BEGINNING SALARY: A12 $12.57
BENEFITS: As approved by the Governing Board
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION Until Filled