Financial Assistant for Anticipated LOA
Position Title: Financial Assistant to the Board of Education and Superintendent
Harrison School District 36 is seeking a Full Time employee for a Leave of Absence coverage for Financial Assistant to the Board of Education and Superintendent
- Serve as the first point of administrative contact for the Superintendent.
- Execute all aspects of Board of Education planning for meetings including logistics, Boardbook program (meeting material preparation, presentation, and follow-up/minutes) attending/working the meetings.
- Communicate with clients, liaise with internal employees and act on the Superintendent’s behalf when appropriate.
- Perform a variety of office management responsibilities including management of equipment, building maintenance, vendor management, etc.
- Prepare, edit and proofread letters, proposals, and other outbound communications.
- Answer and screen phone calls and prioritize incoming correspondence.
- Compile information for audits, legal inquiries and government agencies.
- Process accounts payable purchase orders and invoices and maintain vendor files.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and bookkeeping transactions.
- Assist in preparation and processing of district budget.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of bi-weekly payroll.
- Prepare Annual reports, including but not limited to: TRS Report, Transportation Claim, EIS Salary Data, PCORI, Capital Asset Report.
- Prepare Quarterly reports, including but not limited to: Grant Expenditures, Medicaid Financial Reporting.
- Prepare various financial reports and spreadsheets not listed above and as requested.
- Maintain employee information, payroll, and benefits in software.
- Maintain employee insurance and benefits and assist in annual renewal process.
- Assist in employment screening and processing employment paperwork including new hires and terminations.
- Maintain employee personnel files.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Superintendent and Board of Education.
- Two or four year college degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience supporting top level Executives in a financial setting required.
- Detail oriented, extremely well organized, and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish a multitude of tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office: (Excel, Word, Outlook, web browsers). Preferred working knowledge of SAS (School Accounting System) and Boardbook Premier
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with confidential materials in an appropriate manner.
- Self-motivated with high energy level and willingness to go the extra mile.
- Resourceful in accomplishing work tasks and obtaining needed information.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this position and is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- You must complete the entire online application to be considered for a position.
- Please also provide complete reference information for each reference including name, address, phone and email address.
- Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Aligned with the mission of the Illinois Public Schools is the commitment to educational equity for all students, staff, and patrons of the school system. In all places and in all activities of the Illinois Public Schools, it is expected that every individual will be treated in a fair and equitable manner. All conduct will reflect a belief in the dignity and value of each person regardless of the individual's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizenship status, or economic status.
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
Work Schedule: Full Time
Date Position(s) Available: Approximately June – August, 2021; timing may vary