MATTESON SCHOOL DISTRICT 162
4601 Sauk Trail
Richton Park, Illinois 60471
TITLE: Media Specialist
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Meets Illinois licensure requirements.
2. Such other qualifications as the Board/Superintendent may deem appropriate
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
- Teaches information literacy, encourages independent and collaborative inquiry, and promotes life-long learning.
- Collaborates with teachers to design and integrate learning activities that equip students to locate, evaluate, and use a broad range of ideas responsibly and effectively.
- Works collaboratively and individually to design, develop, and implement programs that encourage reading for enjoyment and for information.
- Evaluates, acquires, provides, and promotes information resources to meet the learning needs of all learners.
- Participates in web based networks that expand the library media center’s capacity to access information globally.
- Provides assistance in the use of technology to access information.
- Uses a variety of instructional methods with different user groups and demonstrates the effective use of media and technologies.
- Oversees all aspects of the daily operation of the library/media program.
- Administers the program budget and oversees acquisition and use of smooth operation of the program.
- Informs teachers, students, parents, and administrators of new materials, equipment, and services that meet their information needs.
- Establishes a welcoming and appealing environment.
- Works cooperatively with local public library district.
- Determines the District media program’s information and instructional needs and develops a budget that provides for the purchasing and upkeep of all resources the program requires to meet those needs.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of the district and negotiated contract.
- Utilizes effective discipline procedures that reflect school guidelines.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior necessary to achieve an appropriate learning atmosphere.
- Maintains professional, technical, and instructional competence through staff development opportunities.
- Participates in meetings and activities, as required.
- Establishes positive relationships with parents/guardians and other staff members.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: School Term
EVALUATION: Building Principal
Please apply online at www.sd162.org
Submit your resume, credentials, license and at least 3 references to 4601 Sauk Trail Richton Park, IL 60471
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Matteson School District 162 is an equal opportunity employer.