Paraprofessional/ Academic Assistant
Colorado Early Colleges Mission Statement: All students, regardless of background or skill level, will have the opportunity to pursue a growth mindset that will allow them to achieve mastery and to demonstrate they can succeed in school, in college, and in their chosen career. No exceptions. No excuses.
High School Paraprofessional/ Academic Assistant
Salary: $15 per hour
Supervisor’s Title: Academic Dean
- Aflac Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Support ELL (English Language Learner) Coordinator with implementation of school-wide ELL processes and procedures
- Promote high standards and expectations for academic performance and responsibility for behavior
- Communicate and cooperate with ELL Coordinator and Dean of Academics to ensure ELL programs, policies, and procedures are administered uniformly throughout school
- Assist ELL coordinator with annual ELL testing
- Provide administrative support for managing ELL caseload under the direction of the ELL Coordinator and/or Academic Dean
- Assist ELL Coordinator with progress monitoring based on individualized ELL plans
- Collaborate with Instructional Specialist and instructors regarding effective methods of in-class support
- Collaborate with MTSS Coordinator to find additional community resources
- Schedule meetings
- Facilitate times/days for students to work with their teacher
- Update the “ELL Grade Pull” data on a weekly or bimonthly basis
- Provide direct academic student support
- Provide support with executive skills
- Assist student services staff or building administration, as needed
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
- Various other duties as requested by supervisors.
ACADEMIC ASSISTANT JOB DUTIES: (Note: The list is not considered inclusive of all duties; it focuses on the primary and most frequently recurring duties.)
- Preparation of instructional materials, test papers, scorecards, handouts and other material necessary for tutoring and evaluation of students
- Mark attendance of students and prepare weekly and monthly attendance reports of every student
- Observe the participation of students in individual and group activities
- Examine homework and classwork and performance of students in other activities
- Assists and guides students to reinforce reading, language arts, mathematics, computer instruction, and other skills
- Works with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning and implement assigned programs
- Assists professional staff in the administration and correction of classroom exercises, tests and assessments
- Assists in classroom preparations and strategies for reinforcing instructional materials and skills according to individual student needs.
- Assists with record-keeping procedures to document student learning and performance
- Assists with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task
- Assists students in non-instructional areas, such as supervising the student lunch programs, bus duty, study hall, and other related non-instructional areas
- Accompanies students on field trips for the purpose of assisting with supervision
- Constructs, copies and distribute and use educational materials as needed
- Assists teacher with parent contact as requested to foster effective and participatory parent involvement in student education.
- Be familiar with and understand of the CEC handbook
- Understand and use Infinite Campus.
- Able to relate to and communicate professionally with adolescents and their parents or guardians.
- Effective communicator in both oral and written form.
- Able to prioritize workload.
- 3 years in Middle/High School education preferred
- Spanish Speaking Preferred
- All offers of employment are conditional upon a successful background and references check
- Selected applicant is an employee at will
- Selected applicant must comply with the Colorado State Board of Education’s Drug-Free Workplace policy
- As required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), the selected applicant must verify, within 72 hours of employment, his/her legal right to be employed in the United States