ROCKFORD BOARD OF EDUCATION
JOB TITLE: Crossing Guard
JOB CODE: 5560
SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
Assists students crossing the street at school locations designated as hazardous by the City of Rockford, Traffic Division.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assists students in crossing the street as they go to/from school each day.
- Uses stop sign to signal traffic to stop to ensure safe crossing of students.
- Wears District provided safety vest to ensure easy visibility by drivers/students.
- Reports traffic violators to the Building Principal.
- Shall assume any other duties as may from time to time be delegated by the Building Principal. Furthermore, the supervisor shall make any adjustments in the scope of the responsibilities as outlined above which will be in the best interest of the school district.
EDUCATION/TRAINING: High School Diploma or GED required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be physically able to walk to the center of the street at the crossing location and to hold up the stop sign in one hand so that it is visible to traffic, while using the other hand to signal students to stop or proceed.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required