Intervention Specialist (NOW Unit) at Bridges Learning Center
Posting Opens March 18, 2021 Posting is open until filled
The Akron Board of Education announces a possible vacancy for an Intervention Specialist (NOW) at Bridges Learning Center, Job Code 006, TS 380 (190 Days), Salary Range TBD, Collective Bargaining Unit - AEA. Collective Bargaining Unit – AEA. This is a State Teachers Retirement System position.
Application must be made electronically through http://www.applitrack.com/akron/onlineapp/.
Please upload a letter of interest, resume and a current copy of appropriate license in addition to completing the online application. The Superintendent reserves the right to either keep the position open until suitable applicants are found or to cancel and repost the position with such changes as may be deemed appropriate. If you have questions about this position, please contact Stephanie Davis, Principal at Bridges Learning Center, 330-794-4191 or Human Resources at 330-761-2946.
- Valid Ohio Intervention Specialist certificate/licensure;
- Ability to work collaboratively; and
- Evidence of successful classroom teaching.
- Interested in working with the at risk student;
- Ability to apply behavior strategies;
- Flexible in working with alternative behaviors;
- Attends professional development activities that improve skills in working with alternative students, and;
- Comfortable with the degree of flexibility in the application of The Code of Student Behavior.
- Teaches standards-based lessons following the district pacing guides;
- Monitors/improves student behavior, attendance and academic progress;
- Designs a program which enhances education, social/emotional development growth;
- Incorporates technology in classroom lessons;
- Uses common planning time to monitor and plan for student progress;
- Incorporates into the program a range of social services to benefit the overall development of the students;
- Compiles data necessary to evaluate the success of the program;
- Keeps in close contact with home through periodic visits, phone calls and written communications;
- Reports to and carries out other responsibilities as assigned by the building principal.
AKRON PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER