ESY Classroom Aides
Posted a month ago
Temporary, SummerWork Schedule
July 6, 2021 to August 6, 2021
Monday to Friday, 8:30AM to 3:30PMReports To
Summer CoordinatorPosition Summary
The Vanguard School has a few remaining openings for summer Classroom Aides in our Elementary School, Middle School and High School programs.
If you love learning and have worked with children with autism, work with us this summer! We are looking for patient, caring individuals with experience working in a special education classroom who want to make a difference in our students' lives.
Our Classroom Aides support certified teachers with preparing instructional materials, implementing lesson plans, reinforcing instruction/tutoring, monitoring student behavior, and documenting student progress throughout the school day.
Program dates are July 6 to August 6, 2021. Work hours for staff are 8:30am to 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Starting Payrate: $14.00 per hour
- Two years of college or high school graduate with two years of experience working with children with special needs in an educational or other organized setting.
- Paraeducator training is preferred.
- Ability to engage intellectually and physically in all components of the educational process.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with all constituents (administrators, colleagues, students, parents, and others).
- Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary.
- Ability to use computers and perform clerical skills at a proficient level.
- Actively assist in implementing lesson plans, reinforcing instruction/tutoring, and documenting student progress of assigned students throughout the school day.
- Observe, monitor, and redirect behavior of assigned students during regular classroom time, special class times, transition periods, and on field trips according to school and program procedures. Maintain accurate records on student progress and behavior for school programs and outside agencies as required.
- Accompany assigned students to art, physical education and special events and provide assistance to the specialty teacher during class as needed.
- Accompany assigned students to individual and group therapy sessions as needed.
- Assist the teacher with recordkeeping and progress monitoring for assigned students.
- Provide a nurturing environment for all students. Enforce school policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner to ensure the health and safety of all students. Maintain a safe, clean, and organized learning environment.
- Supervise students in the absence of the teacher whenever necessary.
- Maintain a professional, confidential and ethical relationship with colleagues, students and parents at all times.