Primary Instructional Aide
St. Michael School
14355 Highland Avenue
Orland Park, Il 60462
The teacher aide agrees to act in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the school and parish, and to cooperate with the principal and classroom teacher in matters that pertain to the educational program of the school and the particular classroom to which the aide is assigned.
~ Performs duties as assigned by the principal, which help facilitate the overall operation of the school.
~ Works for and in cooperation with the assigned classroom teacher
~ Maintains confidentiality and discretion regarding school and classroom matters.
~ Supports the professional staff with the non-teaching duties.
The teacher aide’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assumes position assigned by the principal.
- Follows directions of the classroom teacher to which the aide is assigned.
- Supervises and/or assists students throughout the day.
- Performs clerical duties as needed and directed by the classroom teacher.
- Circulates and offers assistance to students who are struggling with the material, either referred by the teacher or based on observation.
- Monitors students during whole group activity, making sure that students are on task.
- Helps individual children monitor time and progress.
- Supervises students during washroom breaks, snack time, lunch, and change of classes.
- Supervises students during extracurricular classes.
- Helps keep the classroom neat, clean, and orderly. Follows basic sanitation procedures.
- Interacts with students by engaging them in conversation throughout the day.
- Helps to arrange and display student work.
- Helps to arrange displays of learning materials.
- Assists teacher in planning lessons and activities as requested.
- Follows procedures to ensure the safety and health of the students.
- Follows the dress code for professional staff.
- Attends meetings/staff development as requested by principal.
~ Works on scheduled school days from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.
~ Work schedule is flexible based on applicants availability
Please send resumes to Mary Hewson (email@example.com), Administrative Assistant.