Teacher Assistant Part-Time (PK)
Teacher Assistant Position (PK) – Part-time
?The teacher assistant works with the classroom teacher in all aspects of the classroom environment. The teacher assistant position may be assigned to a particular classroom, or work within several different classrooms helping students.
- Work in groups of students or with individual students under the direction of the classroom teacher or principal.
- Data recording and collection, skill building support, and working with multidisciplinary teams is required.
- Assist classroom teacher with classroom management and organization.
- Academic tutoring and instruction of students under the direction of the classroom teacher.
- Supervise students during meals, assemblies and assigned activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the building administrator or classroom teacher.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of written and oral language skills.
- Work knowledge of math concepts.
- Ability to supervise students in a professional manner.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2-year degree, 48 college credit hours or pass the State Para-Educator test
- Pass criminal background check
- Must be able to pass a TB Skin Test and basic physical (see physical requirements below)
- Position is considered part-time with the school district
- Not eligible for district benefits
- Hours/days worked follow the school calendar
Coffeyville Unified School District No. 445 does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, handicap, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment, in its programs or activities.