K-4 Elementary Teachers Tenure Track (21-22 School year)
Posted 3 months ago
Advanced Knowledge of Language Arts Preferred.
TITLE: ELEMENTARY EDUCATION TEACHER
- Valid New Jersey Instructional Certificate and Elementary Education/ Elementary School with Subject Matter Specialization Endorsement or eligibility
- Minimum experience as required by the Board
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective teaching methods and developmentally appropriate classroom activities
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident alien status
REPORTS TO: Principal
SUPERVISES: Students, and when assigned, student teachers and classroom aides
- To provide an approved elementary education program and establish a class environment that fosters learning and personal growth;
- To help students develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education; and
- To maintain good relationships with parents and other staff members.
Develops lesson plans and classroom learning activities
- Works to achieve core curriculum content standards and district educational goals and objectives by promoting active learning in the classroom using board-adopted curriculum and other appropriate learning activities.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Sets specific objectives wherever possible in lesson preparation and weekly lesson plans and carries through presentation to effectively achieve these objectives.
- Plans class activities and lesson presentations that are age-appropriate for the class and meet the individual needs, interests and ability levels of all students.
Instruction and pupil contact
- Monitors student academic progress and personal growth toward stated objectives of instruction.
- Maintains records of student's educational progress in class record books and/or board approved forms and summarizes these marks for reporting purposes.
- Identifies student needs and provides instruction appropriate to those needs.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a classroom climate conducive to learning.
- Budgets class time effectively.
- Devises written and oral assignments and tests that require analytical and critical thinking as well as the reproduction of facts.
Contact with parents and community
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to inform them about the school program and to discuss student progress.
- Makes effective use of community resources to enhance the instructional program.
Professional contacts and activities
- Cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and resolving learning problems.
- Maintains professional competence and continuous improvement through inservice education and other professional growth activities.
- Participates in school-level planning, faculty meetings/committees and other school system groups.
- Upholds and enforces school rules, administrative regulations and board policy.
- Performs other duties within the scope of his/her employment and certification as may be assigned.
EMPLOYMENT: Work year and salary to be determined by the board.
ANNUAL EVALUATION Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with New Jersey State law and the provisions of the board’s policy on evaluation of certified staff.
Approved by: Mendham Borough School District
Date: March 27, 2007
Revised: February 24, 2015
N.J.S.A. 18A:16-2 N.J.S.A. 18A:25-2
N.J.S.A. 18A:26-2 N.J.S.A. 18A:27
N.J.S.A. 18A:28-3 N.J.S.A. 18A:28-5 N.J.S.A. 18A:28-8
||Comprehensive Educational Improvement and Financing Act
Criminal history record; employee in regular contact with pupils; grounds for disqualification from employment; exception
Dismissal and reduction in compensation of persons under tenure in public school
Physical examinations; requirement
Authority over pupils School register; keeping Citizenship of teachers, etc.
Residence requirement prohibited Certificates required; exception
Employment and contracts
No tenure for noncitizens
Tenure of teaching staff members
Notice of intention to resign required
|N.J.S.A. 18A:37||Discipline of pupils|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:7||Managing for equality and equity in education|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:8||Standards and assessment|
|Professional licensure and standards|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:9-3.3||Professional standards for teachers|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:9-5||General certification policies|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:9-8||Requirements for instructional certificate|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:9-9.2||Elementary school|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:9-9.3||Elementary school with subject matter specialization|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:9-15||Required professional development for teachers|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:16||Programs to support student development|
|School district operations|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:32-4||Employment of teaching staff|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:32-4.4||Evaluation of tenured teaching staff members|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:32-4.5||Evaluation of nontenured teaching staff members|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:32-5.1||Standards for determining seniority|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:32-6||School employee physical examinations|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:32-7||Student records|
|N.J.A.C. 6A:32-8||Attendance and pupil accounting|